Yahoo Mail in Gmail – It’s space-consuming and futile to have both Yahoo Mail and Gmail app on the same device whether it’s a PC or mobile. You can decide to use a web browser to access your emails but you’d be missing out on using the app.
This problem has got a solution as you can now access your Yahoo Mail account via the Gmail app. This way you can get all your Yahoo mail emails via the Gmail app, no need for browsers or going between apps anymore.
How to Sign Yahoo Mail via Gmail App
Whether you’re using a PC or a mobile device, it’s virtually the same process given it’s through the Gmail App. The first step would be to create your Yahoo Mail account or make sure you remember your Yahoo Mail account login credentials if you’ve already got one.
- Sign in to your Gmail account via the Gmail app.
- Tap on the name icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down and choose “Add another account”.
- On the next page, from the list of various email services, select “Yahoo”.
- Gmail would ask if you’d like to link the accounts; agree to the prompt.
- Now sign in to your Yahoo Mail account; Enter your username and password.
- Confirm the permissions requested for this process to work and hit on the “Agree” button. Close the window.
Now you can seamlessly switch between your Yahoo mail account and Gmail account in the same app by just selecting the email address in the name icon menu.
There’s a simpler method if you do not like the idea of using a different email service for your Yahoo mail account. It involves using the Mail App.
The Mail app is already available to older devices, iOS devices, and most PCs.
- Open the Mail App.
- Select the Menu button and from the list of options provided, choose “Settings”.
- Choose “Add account” and then Email.
- Now select which Email service and proceed to enter your Yahoo mail sign-in details as requested.
- Grant requested and needed permissions, decide on any further settings, and hit the “Next” button to finish up.