UK spouse Visa 2022 as the name implies is for people who are ready to tie the knot in their relationships this year in the UK. You don’t need to be married to apply for this visa as you can also apply for an Unmarried Partner Visa if you and your partner are in a serious relationship and can prove it.
This way if your application is successful you can live together permanently in the UK with your spouse.
Who Can Apply
- Foreign citizens of the UK that have settled i.e have a permanent residence in the U.K.
- Possesses refugee or humanitarian protection in the U.K.
- Has Turkish business personnel or worker visa.
- British or Irish citizen.
To apply for this you must intend to stay in the U.K if all goes well. You must also be to show proof of a relationship with your spouse for over two years especially if you’re applying for an unmarried partner visa.
This is basically categorized into four;
We’ve already talked about the first one; Proof of Genuine relationship with spouse.
- Can boast of a civil marriage that is legally recognizable in the UK.
- Have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years.
- Plans to get married or enter into a civil relationship within 6 months of arriving in the UK.
- Have an Immigration solicitor who can confirm the first three requirements for you. This is optional and needed in case you can’t prove the first three yourself.
Applicants and their respective spouses must have a gross annual income of £18,600. Additional £3,800 per year if there’s a child, £2,400 for a subsequent child or children.
- Income from employment whether self or working for.
- Pension of the applicant and/or partner.
- Maternity allowment or bereavement benefits received by the partner who is in the UK.
- Any other income or savings from the applicant or partner.
- Pass an English Language test. It’s a simple Common European Framework of Reference for Languages English test you need to pass from an approved testing center. It’s a level A1 test, you might need to scale through a level A2 test in the future to extend your stay.
- Academic qualifications.
Note; English language requirements do not apply if you’re
- Over 65 years.
- Possess a physical or mental issue that disturbs you from doing well in this aspect.
- You’re from; Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, USA.
You should be able to show you have an apartment that has enough living space and meets public health requirements.
- Filled application form and fee.
- Valid passport both present and previous.
- Evidence of your relationship.
- Proof you made the English language requirements and Financial requirements. CEFR exam certificate and bank statements.
- Proof of accommodation requirements.
- Two passport-sized color photos.
- Details of any previous immigration application.
- Information of any criminal acts if there are any.
- National Insurance number (optional).
- Biometrics i.e fingerprints and a digital photograph.
- Tuberculosis test results.
How to Apply For UK Spouse Visa 2022
Before you start. Check your eligibility status for a partner and spouse visa.
- Prepare all necessary documents listed above and any other ones that might be further requested of you.
- Complete the online application form and pay the application fee. The application fee ranges from £3000 to £6000 depending on the nature of your application.
- Upload the necessary documents required to complete your application.
- Then arrange an appointment to get your biometrics taken.
- Proceed to the interview on its appointed date.