Snapchat live location feature is another way of ensuring that you and your loved ones are safe while you are not together especially when out on a date. Snapchat added this live location sharing feature to ensure that you and your friends make it home safely.
This is done by tracking each other’s movements until you get to your intended destination. Snapchat’s live location sharing feature allows you to share your exact location with close friends and family in real-time.
Snapchat Live Location Feature Review
To enable live location sharing, you’ll have to go to your friend’s profile and choose how long you’d like to share your live location with them. You can keep tabs on the status of the live location sharing in the chat window with that friend.
It is worthy of note that you can only share a live location with a person that is a mutual friend(s). It can’t be broadcast widely or shared with a total stranger.
It’s also fun and can be used to show off to friends when you’re somewhere unique or glamorous. Although you already have the Snapchat location filter for that.
As a precautionary measure, location sharing access is set to off by default and it can be manually enabled from within the Settings section. You can specify the contacts that can see your location and also selectively exclude those you don’t want to share the live location information with.
Snapchat live location sharing feature ensures your safety
Snapchat’s live location sharing ensures that your movements are being monitored by someone to ensure that you are safe and not vulnerable to any form of danger in your journeys.
Because your location is shared in real-time, you can rest assured that your friends and loved ones know where you are, as long as you don’t stop sharing your location. In the case of any form of fear or concern, you can be contacted to ensure that you’re safe.
How to share your live location on Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app and swipe left on the home screen to open the chat list.
- Select a chat with a trusted friend, family member, or loved one. T
- Then tap on the profile picture.
- On the open profile page.
- Find an option called Share My Live Location.
- Hit that tab. The app pops up a dialog box informing you that this feature is meant for close friends and family members only.
- Select the duration you want to share your real-time location. The live location feature currently offers three options — fifteen minutes, one hour, and eight hours. Tapping on the duration will start the live location sharing system.
How to Stop Snapchat Live Location Sharing
Once you have activated your live location sharing, a small window appears on the chat page. To stop the live location sharing irrespective of the set time you chose.
Locate the “stop sharing” button to pause the location sharing under the map view. Users can minimize the app or lock their phones without worrying about ending the location sharing.