Using a Facebook Avatar is a lot of fun. After creating your virtual look-a-like, you definitely want to show it off on your profile and while chatting on Facebook.
The Avatar can be used as sticker reactions in Messenger chats and also for commenting on posts in Facebook stories. It can be shared on other social media platforms like Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.
Facebook Avatars are the social media platform’s version of Apple’s Memoji or Bitmoji.
You can use your customized Facebook Avatar to add some flair during your next online interaction.
To get started, you will first need to create your Facebook Avatar. Here are the steps to creating your Facebook Avatar:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Click on the “More” button which appears on the right corner of your screen. That appears like (three vertical lines).
- Scroll down and tap on “See More”.
- Then select “Avatars”.
- Tap Next to “Get started”.
- Select your preferred skin tone and tap on “Next”.
- Now choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can select Short, Medium, Or Long and the color of your hairstyle.
- Then, select your avatar’s face shape, complexion, and face lines.
- Next, you can select the eyebrow shape and color.
- You can also add glasses for your avatar.
- Then customize the nose and mouth.
- Next, select the beards and color of the facial hair.
- Now, choose a body shape.
- Next, choose your avatar’s outfit.
- Tap on Next and then Done.
And, there you have your customized Facebook Avatar. Once you have your Facebook Avatar customized to your liking, you can start using it during your online interactions on Facebook.
Using your customized virtual look-a-like
You can share your virtual look-a-like in your comments, feed, stories, profile picture, and Messenger.
To use your Avatar in a comment, you’ll need to tap on the smiley face icon in the comment section. From there, you’ll be able to see all the options for your Avatar stickers. You could share a sticker where your Avatar has a “congrats” sign.
You can also share it while chatting on your messenger. Select the smiley face icon which is next to where you type your message in the comment composer and you’ll see the “use Avatars as stickers” option.
Furthermore, you can send your Avatar in any of your messenger conversations.
To use your Avatar as a profile picture, you will need to go to your Avatar using the method you use to create one.
Once you are back on your Avatar, tap on the arrow icon on the top right corner, you’ll see the option at the bottom to “Share it as profile picture” or “Share it on feed”. You will be able to choose from three poses for your Avatar before uploading it to your story, status, or profile picture.
Can’t find the Facebook Avatar feature on your Facebook app?
f you can’t find your Facebook Avatar feature, don’t panic; just try updating your Facebook app.
Now, you know how to use and share your Facebook Avatar, it’s high time you bring out that super personality during your online interactions.