Being an ASU student is great, but often times it can be difficult to get scholarships. Here we’ll give some tips on how to apply for ASU merit scholarships.
What Happens if You Apply For an ASU Scholarship
ASU Merit Scholarships are one of the many ways students can afford to go to school. The ASU Scholarship Committee reviews applications.
Then select recipients who have demonstrated excellence in their academics, as well as other extracurricular activities.
Requirements For ASU Merit Scholarship
To be eligible for an ASU merit scholarship, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a 3.0 GPA or higher. There are also many other scholarships available, so be sure to explore all your options before applying.
If you have any questions about ASU merit scholarships or how to apply; please feel free to reach out to the admissions office or your academic advisor.
Other Types Of Asu scholarship
ASU offers a variety of scholarships for students to pursue higher education. There are several ways to apply, and the deadline for many of them varies annually.
Here are some of the different scholarship types to widen your choice:
- The ASU Merit Scholarship is available to any first- or second-year student who has demonstrated academic excellence. You must submit your transcripts, SAT or ACT scores, and a letter of recommendation from your professor to be eligible for this award.
- The ASU Dream Scholarship is available to students from low-income families who have achieved a 3.0 GPA and demonstrate financial need. You are required to submit your transcripts, FAFSA information, and letters of recommendation from parents or guardians to be eligible for this award.
- The ASU Arts and Humanities Scholarships are available to students majoring in arts or humanities disciplines. Submit a resume, application essay, and three letters of recommendation to be eligible for this award.
- The ASU Dean’s Scholarships are available to students majoring in business or engineering who have achieved a 3.5 GPA and demonstrate leadership potential. Requirements are an application essay, transcript, and letters of recommendation to be eligible for it.
- The ASU College of Public Service and Community Solutions Scholarships are available to students who have completed a business major. Conversely, liberal arts or sciences majors with an Emphasis in Business, who are attending ASU as full-time freshmen or transfer students.
One needs to submit an application essay and personal statement, three letters of recommendation, and two on-campus interviews to be eligible for this award.
How to Apply for an ASU Merit Scholarship
ASU Merit Scholarships are one of the most prized assets on campus. There are a variety of scholarships to choose from. Each one has its own guidelines for eligibility.
The best way to figure out if you’re eligible for an ASU merit scholarship is to visit the scholarship website and read the eligibility requirements carefully. Once you know your eligibility, it’s time to start applying.
There are several ways to apply for ASU merit scholarships. However, the most common way is through the online application system.
You can also print out an application and mail it in. Alternatively, you can drop off an application in person at the Office of Admission.
When is the Application Deadline?
The deadline for applying for ASU merit scholarships is usually early February. Nonetheless, it can vary depending on the scholarship. Make sure to check the website for specific deadlines.
The deadline to apply for scholarships is March 1st. To learn more about ASU Merit Scholarships, visit the scholarship website or contact the financial aid office.
Why do you Need to Apply Early?
The early application deadline is December 1st. There are many reasons to apply early for an ASU Merit Scholarship early.
First, you have a better chance of receiving an award if you submit your application early. Then the scholarship committee has more time to review your application and make a decision.
Furthermore, the earlier you submit your application, the lower your chance of being given a scholarship that is already full. Also, scholarships are mostly given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
There is also the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you have submitted all of your documentation. This way you will receive notification about your status within the scholarship program.
Scholarships by Subject Area
ASU offers scholarships in a variety of subject areas. You can browse the scholarships by subject area on the ASU website or by using the scholarship search tools on our website.
The application process for ASU scholarships is relatively straightforward. Locate the scholarship you are interested in and read the eligibility requirements. Next, find the application instructions specific to that scholarship.
We hope this blog provides you with information about scholarships at ASU and tips on how to apply for one.